Autumn...You Are Challenging My Summer Devotion



The first signs of Autumn appear high on the mountain sides. You get a glimpse of rusty reds and golden patches and you feel the crisp air calling you to come and see what Mother Nature has been up to. We decided to drive the Alpine Loop on Saturday and we were not disappointed. We found a spot to pull over and discovered the most charming mountain path I've ever seen. The warm sunlight was filtering down through the bright yellow aspen leaves and the ferns that shrouded the path were basking in the light. A breeze would come through from time to time and the leaves of the quaking aspen would shimmer and rustle. My soul was thankful for it all. Well Done Mother Nature.


Brooke and Kate made swords out of cardboard and duct tape. They swashbuckled their way through the forest and ferns keeping track of each other with pink whistles...let's not talk about children and whistles though. I loved watching their imaginations at work. Kate is small enough that she could run out in the ferns,duck down and disappear completely, then pop up somewhere else unexpectedly.

While the kids played, Jon took a moment to become one with nature. I wasn't quite as brave as to lay flat on the forest floor,so I sat there on that log and took it all in.


Sometimes my daughters request a family expedition like this and it makes me glad. I want them to love and appreciate this marvelous planet and feel the joy of time spent in the peace that nature has to offer... Or the adventure of it! Mother nature is versatile like that.

Comments

Popular Posts