And They're Off!

I'm currently sitting in a completely silent house. Lunches have been packed, braids and pony tails have been done and then taken out (why?) and children have been ushered out the door to have a life of their own. After I drop the girls off at school I come home and have a quiet breakfast. Today it was berry colada tea and buttered french bread. Then I do my chores. I have the girls empty the dishwasher before school so I can load dishes throughout the day. Wipe counters, load of laundry, sweep and vacuum. I have a yoga app on my phone that I have been using for a few days now and I'm really liking it ( Yoga Studio). I have been doing yoga for a few years and sometimes I think if I could just get myself to be a little more flexible and less shaky maybe I could become an instructor. Unless Yoga instructors have to wake up at 4am, then I'm out. After yoga I take a bath and get ready while listening to what ever pandora channel I'm in the mood for. Lately...I'm liking 21 pilots. They remind me of the Beasty Boys with an alternative flare. I used to be into Indie, but it's all starting to sound so contrived lately. I don't like it when people who don't have and accent try to sing with one..fake. People who pull that crap will not be getting my vote on the Voice. (Alicia Keys is on the voice this year and I adore her. She is intelligent, unique, talented and kind and I love her make up free face! It's brave of her to go make-up free on t.v, way to stick it to the system! :) Once I'm dressed and ready I run errands if I have them and so far I have. Grocery shopping, phone repair,car tune up etc. It is so nice to be able to get these things done child free. Today I have an errand to run near Jon's work so we are meeting up for a lunch date. I love that. If I don't have errands to run, then I usually read. I have an Agatha Christie Novel on hold for me at the library that I plan on picking up tomorrow. I love libraries. What an excellent idea, come...pick whatever book you like..oh no, just take it home and enjoy, then return it when your done. I always feel a little giddy when I leave, almost like I just got away with something slightly sneaky.



Morgan has been loving Middle School. She takes the bus. I was at first a bit nervous about this partly cause I remember riding the bus and how kids can be out of control jerks. And also because she has to walk to the bus stop and cross a slightly busy street to get there. I never see that she actually made it and got on the bus...it's been fine. I just had to adjust. She has been enjoying everything about her new phase of life, locker, lunch room, dance and psychology. She is keeping everything organized in her folders and managing her homework on her own. Granted it's week two..fingers crossed this enthusiasm lasts a while.


Brooke is in 6th grade. She asked that I request a particular teacher because she got to know him a little last year and learned that he also has dyslexia and adhd.  I was so glad to have her in his class. He sent me the most hopeful and encouraging e-mail promising to do his best to make this Brooke's best year yet. He knows how to relate to the way her mind works and said he will teach her some of the tricks he uses. He has already been building her up and easing her mind that leans towards perfection. I also love this teacher because he doesn't believe in homework. Bless his soul.


Kate loved her teacher at first sight. She is young and has fun blue hair. This teacher does believe in homework and my 2nd grader has been spending almost as much time on home work as my middle schooler. I will have to tweak things a bit I think. Kate is writing a book just for fun about how much she loves her family. Sometimes, her feisty nature concerns me a bit. She has no filter and will tell you flat out that your tummy looks pregnant in that dress.  She giggles at any hint of violence in movies, her favorite part of The Princess Bride is when the Sicilian keels over and dies. In Avatar the Last Airbender ( best cartoon ever) she has a crush on prince Suko...the psychotic prince with anger issues. But, she has always had her loving heart, I hope the combination of " I don't care I'll do what I want" and " I love my family" will even out in a way that leads to a very happy life.

As much as I love summer, I love back to school season too. The girls were starting to drive each other insane the last few weeks before school. So much arguing it makes my blood boil. So this peaceful solitude I'm soaking in is more than welcome. And it helps me prepare for the mayhem that is after school chaos. Now...time for some yoga.

Comments

Popular Posts