Things Our Kids Say

Every job has it's perks and drawbacks. I think one of the bonuses in parenthood is the enjoyment  we get out of the strange and hilarious things our kids say. I've kept a record of some of the things my girls have said that brought a smile to my face and wanted to make a permanent record of them here. Enjoy.

Jon drove past Circuit City and asked " Who wants to go to Circuit City?" Morgan responded with delight, " I want a circus kitty!!" 3 yrs. old.


 “ If you don't have something nice to say, say it!” Brooke 5

Brooke 5


Brooke 5, read a riddle on her gogurt ” Rock + Roll= rock and roll, then came up with her own..Nogs+ fish=nogsfish”



Morgan and Brooke were chatting over their bedtime snack. Brooke asked “Am I a barbarian?” Morgan answered “ NO, a barbarian is a flower!” 2 & 3 yrs old



When Morgan was 3 she got into Jon's candy stash in his office. When he caught her she said ” I promise every time, I will eat your candy.”

Morgan 6
" Mom I dried all the dishes without being asked,but they were all dirty so I just put them back in the sink" ..."Well Morgan that is because I was loading the dishwasher with dirty dishes...thanks but no thanks." Morgan 7


Brooke: " Wouldn't it be rude to chop off someones foot and just give them a peg leg instead?" Yes Brooke, that would be awfully rude.  6 yr.s old
Morgan 7 yr. old humor " Why did the crane cross the road? Cause it needed to prepare someone's eyeball" She thought she was pretty hilarious with that random joke.

My daughters favorite fast food restaurants are " Tinker Bell" and " Makeup Donalds". 
Me : Dang it Kate, your poor nose got sunburned and now the skin is pealing. Kate: Oh NO! Now I'm going to loose my nose brains! Kate 3


Brooke had to draw a picture of something she likes for school, she drew a cute little round floating guy with circles underneath him, it was titled... I like ghost eggs:) Oh how that random little girl makes me laugh sometimes!! 5yrs old

In Morgans prayer tonight she asked to " bless the little babies that they wont be scared of all the wild animals out there" so thoughtful that one. Morgan 6

Things Kate says to her Dad that make my heart smile... " Good girl Daddy" And "look at her" She doesn't know much about "him's" in this family of girls. Kate 2


Kate 4
My favorite quote of the day comes from Morgan to her Dad.. " Do you have to be so annoying on Christmas?" While Jon was singing in a girl voice in the kitchen.6yrs old


Brooke " If I see a bad rock star I'm gonna say Moo! Isn't that how it goes when you don't like someone?" When I told her it was boo not moo, she was pretty sad because Boo is her nickname, I had to explain that we don't call her Boo cause we don't like her, it means we love her.. that was an odd and risky conversation. 5 yrs. old
Tonight I told Brooke a bedtime story about "lying Lilly" since she has been a bit dishonest lately. When I was done and thinking I had done a good mommy deed she said "I have a girl in my class named lying Lilly" and stuck to it like her life depended on it, lesson failed. 5 yrs. old

Morgan " there is a girl in my class with buck teeth" Me " uh huh" M: "because her dad is a hunter" Me " Huh?" M: " Yup, he killed the buck and pulled it's teeth out and gave them to her" 6 yrs. old.

Brooke " I don't feel regular.. HUh my hands are BiG?!" Me " What?" Brooke " Oh, It's because I just turned 5" 


Morgan to Me: " You're so cute and darling, no wonder Daddy married you." What a sweet compliment from the first little girl I made. 5 yrs. old

Morgan: " I wonder what my spirit looks like... I hope it's pink!" Brooke: " What color is a donkey feather?" 4& 5 yrs. old

Morgan just asked me if I've ever talked to my Dr. about Cymbalta.
I just heard Morgan ask Brooke if she "burped in Heaven?" I love it.

Morgan 6
I never knew a single item of clothing was a "clo" until I had kids, they teach me so much:) Morgan 5 yrs. old

Morgan was making me laugh at breakfast this morning so I told her she was hilarious...she smiled and said " Your face is hilarious". 5 yrs.old

Brooke just gave me a hug around my belly and then looked up with surprise and said, Mom you have another baby in your tummy! When I denied it she came back with.. but it's big and squishy, and I can feel a head!:) 5yrs. old
 
 
 















Comments

  1. Its fun to look back at all the funny things i said- Morgan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts