Ode to July


July...I adore you. Even when you decide that 100* is a rational temperature, I don't disagree but head to the pool and have fun with my girls. I mean, how fun is this amazing mermaid hair-flip shot of Morgan, what a moment to capture...how very July. 

Summertime sisters



And should you, dear July, continue to oppress the valley with heat my husband finds stifling...I say thank you! To the mountains we go! My daughters will cool their feet in mountain side creeks and I will bask in the solitude of a mountain escape. It's all glory to me.
Glory


 
Glory


Hallelujah 

When the days feel long and friends can't play, I know just what you would have me do, most summery of months, go. Just leave and see what we find. A quiet park by the lake... wonderful. A long knobby tree for an adventurous soul to climb, summertime perfection.

I have heard your name defamed July, some say you are too hot to enjoy and school can hurry along now. To those naysayers I say, Boo. How sad to not be able to soak in the sun and have it warm you to your very soul( or burn you, whichever). I have often wished you were my month of birth. January seems a bit of a cruel month to try to celebrate anything. But I celebrate you anyway July! Thank you for your long sunny days and warm summer evenings. Thank you for the vitamin D that balances my cells and makes me want to get up and do. Thank you for the warm breezes through the cat tails by the river and thank you dearest July for road trips and lakeside camp outs. May you always be the most sun filled month full of adventure and life!
Also a gift from July

Comments

Popular Posts