Dear Kate



Today was your seventh birthday. You woke up to steamers, balloons and wrapped gifts on the table. We celebrated with a fall cake made of chocolate inside and out and I made you Kraft Mac and Cheese because it's one of the few things you enjoy eating. You opened your presents while your family, Grandparents and your very best friend looked on.  You did your best to remember your " thank yous" and have now lovingly tucked in your Cinderella doll next to Flynn Ryder as you slumber away in your pink Tee-pee.



You, with your freckled nose and mischievous soul have been an absolute delight to have as my daughter. You are a quick learner, picking up reading like it's second nature to you( a girl after my own heart.) You are sneaky and blunt, saying whatever crosses your mind with flare and humor. I love your strong sense of justice, that you like everyone to be treated fairly.  You adore your older sisters but don't let them boss you around. You're a strong willed girl who knows how to get what she wants. You play so nicely with others and have so many friends who love to be around you and your happy energy. You create the most clever games and worlds and potions. I adore you.

I'll try my best to soak up the wonder that is a 7 year old girl. It's a magnificent age to be, and you are my last 7 year old...how is that reality? It makes my heart squeeze in my chest to think of how fast you've grown, oh but I'm so proud of who you are! I love you little Kate-a-roo. Happy Birthday.

                       Love Mom.


Comments

  1. Such a cutie...glad she had the best Birthday ever !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she relished in all the love and attention. It was a great day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts