Bathroom Makeover!



Jon and I have kept ourselves pretty busy lately with home improvement projects. In the kitchen we've painted cabinets, added new hardware, had  granite counters installed (major drama getting that done but that will be a story for another time) , single basin sink, new faucet...and to to pull it all together Jon is installing a subway tile back splash and window sill. We are so close to being able to check the kitchen off the list! But for today, I will focus on the work we've done in our 2nd bathroom upstairs.

 This is the girls bathroom on any given day. Yes...that is a drawer front ripped off by my seemingly innocent daughters..both drawers were actually broken off 'cause kids break houses. The brown laminate counters had specks of gold and warped portions where water soaked through. Jon would scowl at this counter almost every time he looked at it. He took great pleasure in ripping it out with his bare hands.  
I like it better already, I taped off the walls and floor and inside the cabinet and got to work painting. I did two coats of primer and two coats of Bher Cotton White. I used a foam roller which made for fast work but when it came down to the final coat of paint, I just couldn't handle the roller marks. I did use a paint leveler, but  I could still see the bumps from the roller . So I did the final coat with a fine brush and I'm happy with the way it turned out. 


We installed new hardware that we got form a wholesaler in SLC for 98cents each! A new granite counter really brightens up the space. I love the new faucet with a vintage feel. Jon fixed the drawers, installed the faucet and re-plumed the sink. He's so handy, I love it.  

A white shower curtain also brightened it up.
And easy to use toilet paper holder..no more excuses children! Plus it's cute.
White rugs from Target and floral prints from Ti Pan added a fresh new feel.







The girls are happy with their cute new bathroom ( please don't ruin it). We still have a few more ideas for this room that we will be working on in the future. We want to frame out the mirror and add a bead board wall with hooks where the towel rack is. But it's done for now and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. 

Comments

  1. That's a transformation. I love the color of the granite countertop, the paint color, the rug, the pictures.... I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much improved for sure! It was a fun project too, not stressful like the kitchen.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts