Premonition

It is another rainy spring day here in the rocky mountains. I've been saying for a few months now that I feel a change coming, but I didn't mean the season. I didn't know exactly what I meant. I just knew that I have felt like things weren't going to be continuing on the same as usual for much longer. When I would say this to my husband he would want to know more...but I couldn't explain the feeling other than it was there. Perhaps I am a witch.

As it turns out, a move is on the horizon. I don't really want to move, I like my home. We thought we would be here for a while still, but it looks like things are about to be disrupted in my little neighborhood in the name of growth.  Now the question of where to go is a constant topic of conversation. Part of me thinks ' Well, I did enter to win the HGTV dream home...' The idea of starting over somewhere completely new seems exciting. (Plus Utah drivers make me never want to leave the house, not that I really care to anyway:) But, Utah is where the work is and the family is and my kids are happy here. So maybe someday we will explore a life lived in a new part of the country...or world! For now though we will stay here on the Wasatch front. Unless HGTV shows up on my doorstep then I'm out.

The list of projects to complete before we can put the house on the market is a little daunting.


  • Finish the basement bathroom and office. 
  • Paint the baseboards from brown to white.
  • Dig up the overgrown berm.
  • New mulch everywhere. 
  • Carpets and windows cleaned.
  • Declutter.
  • Figure out where the freak to live.
 The rain just picked up. What is it about the sound of a heavy rain that makes everything seem so much cozier?

There have been a few other changes around here, the kind that make up a regular and happy life. Things like watching my first born daughter turn into a teenager.






                       And adding a rodent to our family. This is scamper. We all like her little face.



I got my hair cut and colored and I must say...I hated it. This is a good picture of it...but it was white. Not blonde. And there was a distinct line of old and new hair color, plus orange spots all over.
Nope. 
I got it fixed two weeks later. 

The rain has stopped and Kate is singing in the tub at the top of her lungs. She gives herself a sore throat from such passionate tub singing. She sings herself to sleep too. Maybe these are the stories I will tell Carson Daily when she is a contestant on the Voice.
On the couch with all my girls. Doing homework, weaving, and watching a show. A beautifully comfortable moment in life.


Comments

  1. love every word. except witch. did you forget you are a sprite a nymph an elf and a fairy, twirling joyfully through life

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts