Arizona

The opportunity to escape the everyday and have an all expense paid vacation at a 5 star resort once a year is one of the major perks of Jon's employment with Fast Enterprises. This year we packed up our little family for the short flight from Utah to Arizona. 

On the plane with my crazy girls. Arizona here we come!
The distance traveled wasn't extreme, but the change in climate and landscape was. We left drizzling gray skies and cold temperatures and arrived in a vast desert bathed in sunlight and warmth. I felt my spirit laugh with delight as we stepped out of the airport and felt the summery air on my face.We boarded a large bus that delivered us to our hotel. And then things got...inconvenient.  I left my purse on the bus ...I realized this as I stood guard near my disobedient 4 yr. old who was on time out in a chair in the beautiful hotel lobby. The bus had left... with my wallet and cell phone. I tracked down a  woman who helpsmanage these company retreats and she assured me she would get my purse back. I met Jon at our hotel room/s, we were so happy that the girls had the attached room and we could have a childless room of our own. Jon placed the keys on the dresser in the girls room and they followed us in to our room and shut both doors behind them...locking their keys in their room. Jon had to go back down to the lobby and get more keys and when he unlocked their door we discovered that Brooke had locked the security latch and we couldn't get in...at all. I could feel my husbands temperature rise so I ushered the children to the balcony so we could try to fix the ridiculously irritating situation they had innocently created with out their constant complaints and questioning. Jon manhandled the door and was able to unlock the latch. I don't know how he does these things, but if he wants something to happen he will make it happen...while I stand by and watch. So the first hour of our arrival to our Arizona hotel was sucky, I got my purse back, we got into the girls room and we all put on our bathing suits and headed to the pool, ready to relax and put our exasperation behind us.

Jon...with a certain look about him


Morgan loving some time at the pool. The water was nice and warm.

We love him.

Morgan and Kate playing together.





Why do kids want to touch cactus. Stop it.


9 yr. old Morgan, posing for me. So nice.

We spent our days swimming and floating the lazy river. Jon had meetings in the morning but we got to meet him for lunch and hang out before the evening activities began. The girls bobbed for apples( something I will never allow again after watching other people's drooling, booger nosed kids shoving their heads under the same water my daughters were drenching their faces in.) I tried smoked salmon and I liked it. We left the dinner early and put the kids to bed. Jon and I hung out on our balcony and enjoyed the city lights and pool view.

The girls got a little sunburned despite my diligent efforts to protect them. By the end our our 4 days, they were exhausted...and so was I. We were ready for our own beds and schedules, but I wasn't looking forward to leaving summer behind and heading back to gloomy weather. It was cold when we got home, but we had soaked in enough sunshine to get us through until warmer weather reached our home state. I think a winter escape to sunny AZ. might have to be an annual thing, there is something very magical about the desert that I can feel drawing me back...till we meet again AZ.


Comments

Popular Posts