Summertime Is My Time


It was windy and the water was chilly...but she didn't care.

I have been loving the freedom of summer. The freedom to relax with my kids in the morning instead of rush out the door. The freedom to walk outside in flip flops with no need to grab extra clothing to make being outside not suck. The freedom to fill our days or chill together. Ahhhh, summertime I love you! 

We have spent hours at our little neighborhood pool. I usually find a spot in the shade to watch my girls and relax. I would get in with them but I've seen too many boogers and scabs floating about for my comfort. 
Happy in the shade.


Compton kids reunion 2016,

We started off the summer with a family reunion at my parents house. Jason and co. drove down from Mo. It was so nice to spend time with my far away brother and get to know his kids better. My girls had so much fun playing with cousins.

Brooke, Erin and Sophie at the Mona park.
 Jon had a good idea and put a tarp down in his truck bed to make a pool for the kids, they loved it. 



Erin and Kate having a water fight.
Ally got me good with her soaked sponge. 

 We also went on a hike to  Payson lakes area. Brooke freaked out the whole time about bees, biting ants and flies...and snakes. It was like she's never been out in nature before.



It was a beautiful day.


Caught my Mom and Dad being adorable. 


Jennifer and her sleepy baby Amelia. 

Kate and I on our way to the reunion. 


 I let each of my girls pick an activity they would like to do over the summer. Brooke chose swim lessons, Morgan chose tennis and Kate chose Dance. Fortunately they only over lap twice. 

I have taught all of my girls to swim. Brooke wanted to make sure she knew all the strokes before she started so we would go to the pool and practice. She was a hard worker and a fast learner. She was the best in her class, I think she could try out for team but...daily practice and monthly meets sounds like a lot of driving and sitting and waiting for me. We'll see if she's that in to it. 



Morgan went to girls camp for the first time. She had so much fun and was greatly missed around here. It was a very new feeling for me sending her off like that. Fortunately she went with our neighbor and her friend so it helped ease my nerves...a little. 

                   Kate has lost a tooth a week for about a month now, she's so cute!


We took the girls out for lunch on a sunny afternoon. They ate outside we ate inside. They felt gown up and we held hands. Now we want a glass divider for the van ;)


For a fun outing I took the girls to the Dinosaur Museum, it's not really called that...my kids have called it that for so long I can't remember what it really is... I was happy to see that even though two of my girls are tweens...they still can get into imaginative play.  
Behold the glory of barbie in a creek! 



While Morgan was at girls camp, we took our two youngest up the canyon for a little adventure. It was perfect weather and just stunning scenery. The girls played hard gathering sticks and squishing mud between their toes. I really love that I have this much rocky mountain beauty for my backyard. 

I can't believe June is almost over. I will just have to do my best to try to soak in as much sun and make as many memories with my ever growing girls as I can. I love this season!


Comments

Popular Posts