Ski bunnies and Christmas


It is the second day of the new year. Christmas has come and gone. Jon has taken Morgan and Brooke up the mountain and they are both learning to ski today. Morgan is naturally very strong and coordinated and is already skiing down the big hill with Jon. Brooke is doing her best to not let that fact ruin her resolve to learn at her own pace. I am at home with a sick Kate and I'm not sad at all about that...well I'm sad she's sick, but not sad to be in my cozy warm home instead of on a freezing mountain in painful boots. 


Morgan heading up the intermediate hill with Jon.  

Waiting in a ridiculous crowd for skis, again...I'm totally cool being stuck at home. 

Christmas morning 2015. It was a happy morning.


Brooke made this incredible snowflake without any help from me. She said her friend showed her how...ok.... I love it leave it up forever and always.
All of the girls got lights to decorate their rooms with. Kate's twinkle lights didn't turn out to be the soft warm glow that was advertised...but they look like stars to her so they stay.
Brooke spent hours on Christmas day working on putting together the new Lego kits. I love that she loves to follow the directions and make Lego cities out of them. 


I'm a home body by nature. I love solitude and privacy and quiet. But even I get cabin fever in the winter. I think it has to do with my California upbringing. No matter the season, you could always be outside and comfortable in sunny California. Sure you might need a light coat, but I never felt like going outside wasn't an option. It's the trapped or suffer the wrath of icy weather that weighs down on my mental health in Dec,Jan,Feb and sometimes March. So...maybe...maybe! next time Jon and the girls want to ski I will join them. I took a lesson a few years back and I still have a scar on my shin from wear the ski boot dug through my skin. I mentioned the pain to others in my class and my instructor and was told ski boots hurt...deal. Ummmm, no. I deal with pain when it's unavoidable, I don't deal with pain for ski boots. But I will try again, because I want to get out of the house at some point this winter, and breath fresh mountain air, and have fun with my family. For today though, I have reading by the fire to do while snuggled up with a sick little girl. 

Comments

Popular Posts