Star Wars and Swing Ropes

 ( In the first two paragraphs I describe a main charterer from the new Star Wars movie...not really a spoiler alert...but kinda)

Yesterday I checked my daughters out of school a little early so we could take advantage of free Star Wars tickets we got from Jon's work. They were all having Christmas parties at the time I came to get them but the magic of being checked out early seemed to override any disappointment. 

I sat right next to Kate during the movie because I wanted to throw my coat over her head when I felt things getting too scary. And there were some intense moments spent under my coat. But I failed as a mother at the worst and most heartbreaking moment in the movie. She got over it faster than I did...I'm still a little cranky about it. On the way home from the movie, Morgan said something like " I felt like I wanted to be Ray when she was fighting and flying spaceships." And I felt grateful for Star Wars...something I never thought I would feel. Thank you Star Wars for giving my daughters a strong female character to look up to. I know that it's important that they see women,( fully clothed, natural faced and not part of a love triangle), playing a lead role in a major movie. Ray was capable, intelligent,strong and loyal. And also very human, scared at times but ultimately courageous. I loved her and love that my daughters wanted to emulate her. So five stars for Star Wars!!! 

As if Christmas parties and a free family movie night weren't enough fun for one day...we had another surprise for the girls. Jon had finished the rope swing(s) and put it all up while they were at school. He called them downstairs once we got home from the movie and they were so excited!!




Jon isn't used to the new elliptical location and almost fell on it. I think Morgan is secretly willing him to biff it. 

If at all possible...zoom in on Kate's face...I promise it is worth it. Morgan just fell out of the cubby window and is laying on the floor trying not to cry. She was fine...but if it won't make you feel too evil...you might want to zoom in on her face too.




Here is a nice view of Jon's handy work. He countersunk the bolts into the wood for a nice clean look, and I am glad we decided to paint the wood the color of the ceiling. We are planning on getting a swing and rings to hang from  the other hooks (Shhhh). 











Comments

Popular Posts