Displacement issues

Ever since we fulfilled the dreams of our children by gifting them a kitten, Kate has been acting out towards the harmless creature.  Example(s): Binx moseys by her feet, she hooks her foot under his innocent belly then launches him across the room. Binx is bathing himself on the floor, Kate jumps in his face hissing at him and then chases him from the room.  Also squeezing him tell his meows for help. And when I scold her, her response..." I don't care."  I ground her from him as best I can but that one is hard to enforce.



Day one: Kitty is her precious new toy. Enjoy it while you can Binx... psychological crap is about to go down.



The other day, I picked up the kitty for a quick snuggle and Kate said " you play with the kitty more than you play with me." I reminded her of all the ways that that's not true and how even though I love our new pet, she is my child and I love her so much more. Something I didn't realize purchasing a kitty could possibly call in to question. So everything should be all better now right? No, she still likes to torture the kitty and I have had to start taking toys from her when she mistreats the cat in an effort to teach her how not to be awful to kittens.  Who knew? It's a good thing I'm done having babies, heaven knows what she would have done if her place as baby in the family were really threatened ! 
I must admit...I love my kitten. But I still love you too Kate! 


Comments

  1. The comment has only been removed because I forgot to say that me Morgan wrote it, so ya. This is what I wrote. Binx is so giant now, I cant believe he is so big. I love see pics of him when he was small. P.S psychological crap did go down.- Morgan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts