Children With Pink Eye Are High Maintenece and Funny.

Pink eye is among us. I am diligently trying to contain the oozing eye infection to just one child, but we all know how this is likely to go down. I've been slathering my own eyes with coconut oil, good for wrinkles and apparently a natural remedy for pink eye. Fingers crossed.  I spent over 2 hours pharmacy hopping yesterday trying to get a prescription for my sad, gooey eyed child. " We don't have it" "They don't have it"  " We will call your Dr. and give you a call back later, please pull forward." Later... later? I'd already been to two different towns and in the car with 3 cranky children for far to long,  my daughter needed her prescription dang it! I pulled over, but stayed where they could see me. I called my dr. and she called in a new prescription ( a more annoying 4 times a day ointment to smear in Brooke's crusty eye, but at least they had it) and I got back in line, 20 minuets later we had what we needed and headed home. Kate fell asleep during the long hours driving around for no apparent reason in the car, when she woke up she was holding her neck crying. She has a sore throat and doesn't like me to try and help her. " Here, have some water" " NO!" Here, have a grape Tylenol " NO".  So she follows me around and cries. 


At home with my sickies.

Yesterday, was just one of those days.  Yet, I went to bed with a smile on my face, laughing even as I told Jon about some of the funny things Brooke said. For example...I was making Brooke lunch and while I was searching the pantry I said " what should I have for lunch" and Brooke said " Maybe you should eat a virgin"  " What!?" " Don't say that, ever." " Why, isn't a virgin a type of fruit?"   " No...no it's not"   "What is it then?"   " I'll tell you later! Here's the peanut butter! let's make you a sandwich."


The other day Jon was asking all of the girls " If you could have just one thing for Christmas what would it be?" ...a horse, a corn dog, a cowgirl doll. Then Brooke says " I know what Mom wants most for Christmas...a date...with another man."  Jon and I look at each other perplexed and just laugh, that girl is always saying the unexpected...and inappropriate. She's very entertaining company.  Being a Mom is such a roller-coaster, sometimes it's so frustrating that I want to crash my van into the Walgreen's pharmacy. And then, the next moment, the frustrating circumstance has passed and I'm laughing with my kids thinking I'm blessed beyond compare. It's not a bad gig at all.






Comments

  1. Loved it. Jon wants a date with another girl.....Bahahahahah. I can just see yours and Jon's face when she said that.
    "Crash my van into Walgreens"....hahahah.
    P.S. I think Jon needs a date with the girl he has!!! Do you still have my nieces phone number.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts