Morgan Is Nine!


Morgan. Oh how I love her! Her sense of humor is so quick and clever, she is perceptive and kind and responsible. She is helpful and playful and weird and beautiful inside and out. I love watching her grow each year and see how the personality that I've recognized since her toddler-hood develops into her new maturing self. She remains feisty and independent but has learned how to turn those characteristics into strengths rather than methods to drive her mother mad.

A few things about 9 year old Morgan

  • Right now she is obsessed with horses. It seems that most girls go through a horse loving phase and man she is entrenched. I may have agreed to letting her take a horse riding class... 
  • The other night she was counting in bed...after reaching 11 she told me she was counting how many boys have a crush on her...
  • She is writing a romance novel in her writing journal at school, it's about how Jon and I fell in love. 
  • Morgan loves to sing, she's pretty good too.
  • She is a slob and I still have to wrangle her to take a bath and brush her teeth.
  • Morgan has a very strong desire to do be a good person.
  • She is bossy toward her younger sisters...who happen to be even feistier and more independent than she is, sometimes things don't go her way..but often her gift for manipulation works miracles in her favor. 
  • I can talk to Morgan for hours like she is my best friend...she is very mature for her age.


For her Birthday we went to a bowling alley. It was the first time we've gone bowling as a family and I loved that all the kids were old enough to participate.








The morning of her Birthday her Daddy took her out to get balloons and pick out a cake. He also got her the coolest candle known to man...( check out the video below... I missed the firework action it performed at the beginning) My parents were able to come over and sing happy birthday and watch her open presents, it's nice to have them so close.




Happy Birthday Dear Morgan


She looks totally unimpressed, but she loved it...it's a singing, spinning, firework candle for heavens sake!





She had a great day with her family and we loved having a day to focus on her and celebrate her birth. I feel a bit like I'm living in the Twilight Zone...something has gone horribly wrong with the time-space continuum...because I just found out I was pregnant with my first child a week or two ago and now she is half way to adult hood. I'm so glad she is mine no matter how old she gets, she is my soul sister and I thank the Lord for her every day.




Comments

  1. Very well put Julie. Morgan is a delight! Loved the videos. The bowling ramp for little ones is genius. And that candle! Sounds like a fun day for Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything you said about Morgan! I'm so glad she had such a happy birthday and that you are writing all of this down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying have a place to keep a record of our family life, I'm glad you gals are enjoying reading it:) Your comments make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved looking at beautiful pictures of your daughter and reading your musings about her. So cool that the romance she's writing (!) at school is about you... I've had a hard time reaching your blog to keep up, so I'm subscribing. I hate subscribing...but I am. And then off to see if I can find your sister's blog again.

    The candle is amazing, truly. Wow. Lynaea @ EverydayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts